Jon... AWF not working!

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
I read Colin's comment about the access world forums not working for him, it had been working nicely for me, until I read his post and and then I got the same looking MySQL message that Colin showed. The error message was "MySQL Error 1114" searching on the internet it says that the temporary table is full. I cannot get access to the site anymore. I think Colin has jinxed your website!

Error Details:-
Database error in vBulletin 3.8.9:

Invalid SQL:

INSERT IGNORE INTO session

(sessionhash, userid, host, idhash, lastactivity, location, styleid, languageid, loggedin, inforum, inthread, incalendar, badlocation, useragent, bypass, profileupdate)
VALUES
I won't show thw values in public

MySQL Error : The table 'session' is full
Error Number : 1114
Request Date : Saturday, January 18th 2020 @ 12:57:48 PM
Error Date : Saturday, January 18th 2020 @ 12:57:48 PM
Script : http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=xxxx
Referrer : https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...964&sa=D&ust=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IP Address :xxxxxx
Username : Uxxxxx Gxxxx
Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
MySQL Version : 5.xxxxx

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Uncle, it could well be a propagation issue. The Doc has given a possible solution in the thread in the VIP area, although just waiting a day or two should also fix it.

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
Well, I'm still getting error 1114, and have not been able to visit the site all day... Will wait and see...

BTW, can't get on site, ergo can't see Richards solution!

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I can't get on the site either! Damn frustrating. I am onto support at my new host. It seems that a "sessions table" is not being cleared for some reason. But my host is not getting the error yet. It is all a bit bizarre.

All I can say is I am onto it, but currently don't have any solution.

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
Jon, my DNS cache flush solution would have cleared out old links from your PC to the web site but I doubt it would have anything to do with the database error that I am also seeing. I get in and then suddenly I can't get in. Connectivity has been intermittent for over two days now and it is usually a database error. Sent this from New Orleans at 9:45 local time, 1/19/2020.

PS - right now I get to the site but it says the board is closed for an update.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
It was an issue with the sessions table, which got full. I cleared it and keeping an eye on it.

Currently trying to get litespeed to work with the forum, but my host is not sure how to get them working together. Still, the forum is nice and zippy even though it says 2000 guests, which are probably a bunch of bots from China!

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
I have been using the forum successively for probably around the last 6 to 8 hours. I'm a bit apprehensive that post might go missing again, so I've been keeping copies. I will say that the site seems incredibly fast compared to how it used to be. Actually I'll rephrase that, it "is incredibly fast!" I hope the speed doesn't drop off with age, if you know what I mean...

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
You'd think that on this site, you would think that Foundation members would be able to post their replies without having to wait for them to be vetted?

Just a thought, and don't worry about it! I haven't been here for months, and you've got plenty on your plate as it is. So I'm taking all that into account, I'm not saying anything! I'm just making an observation and digging myself into a big hole I reckon!

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
I was quite amused by my post, mind you I've had a couple of Carlos premier brandies! One of the perks of my mum being ill in Spain, constant back and to, the duty-free brandy and tobacco practically pays for the trip, and gives me a mellow Trip to boot...

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
The site shouldn't age badly, since I now have humungous horsepower under the hood. Pleased you are finding it nice and fast. I certainly like it!

I am not sure how to let foundation members post without vetting yet, but that is a good point. I will try to get that sorted.

Sorry to hear about your mum. How often do you go there?

Jon, it occurs to me that your "session table full" error MIGHT be related to someone trying to hack the site via SQL Injection. If you have old software, the odds are that they know enough about it to play havoc if they could just get in.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Doc, that is a good guess and it was what my host thought. They applied modsecurity to the server, but that still hasn't stopped the hackers having a go. There were 2500 "guests" on the forum earlier. The problem with the old software is it requires an older version of php installed on the server, which also has its vulnerabilities.