What is your favourite charity?

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
If I had a $1M to give to charity, I would probably give it to something against animal cruelty, or a cat sanctuary, something like that. I can't stand the mistreatment of animals. Sadly, I don't have that to give so my donations are much smaller!

What is your favourite charity?

Bee

Founding Member
I've answered this already, on another thread, but my chosen charity is Hearing Dogs for the Deaf. Seeing the bond between dog and owner is wonderful, but what makes it priceless is the confidence that having a Hearing Dog brings to the life of a Deafie.

It costs about £45,000 to train and partner a dog with its owner.

Here's my favourite HD, Arlo.

Attachments

Insane_AI

Founding Member
We support a trucker charity through our company, The Wounded Warrior project through our Amazon.com purchases, Paralyzed Veterans of America through cash donations, Various Christian Charities with proven track records of using the funds at 95% or better.

Mostly we support our local church, one of the requirements for us to choose the church was that it had to be active in the community. If I had $1MM to donate, it would be given to the church in small increments every year until it was exhausted or they stopped honoring the purpose of the donation.

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
My step-daughter supports a battered women's shelter and we often contribute through her. My step-son supports a charity that supports kids with intellectual disabilities and we contribute through him.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I find it interesting what a charity you support reveals about the donor. Gives an insight into what is important to that person.