This just happened

Bee

Founding Member
I went out quickly to get a pint of milk from the supermarket before it closed. On my way back in, one of my (male) neighbours was standing in his doorway, smoking. It's currently arctic, with a high wind and it's also raining lightly. I'd lent him an umbrella on Saturday evening - and he's just given it back as I was passing.
He was naked except for his Y-fronts.

I'm freaking out a bit. I'm a woman living alone. Would any of you greet a neighbour - or try to engage them in conversation - while you were virtually naked? Am I over-reacting?

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
What age was this naturalist? You could look at it as someone just wearing some Speedos but Y-fronts is taking it a step further. That is two Y-fronts conversations in The Mind Tavern in the last week. Synchronicity anyone?

Insane_AI

Founding Member
I presume "Y-fronts" would be the same as underwear or more specifically briefs. If I'm wrong, this will be even funnier.

Women walk around in a two-piece bikini in public but won't let themselves be seen in normal underwear that covers better.
Men can walk around in a speedo or (*lurch*) a half-sling but nobody can handle him in his undies.

In the case of the underwear, you usually see less than you would at the beach. Maybe a mental connection issue between "beachwear' and "underwear" is the issue at hand.

now if Y-fronts turns out to be something like crotch-less underwear, as in Y have a front, my point will be defeated.

In some comedic situations (TV or movies), a "girls night out" situation will include a group of women dining al fresco looking at various men passing by and speculating "boxers or briefs?" - with briefs taken as the "Y-front" as mentioned in this thread. And the occasional case crops up in those comedies, usually accompanied by a giggle-fit among the actresses, of "neither!"