The Six Pack Challenge - accountability thread

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Quick update to say that I hit 13st last Saturday. So, I went out and had some cake! Back on it now as I have another 10lbs to reach my final goal. My jeans are so loose and baggy now and my belt is on its last notch. I'm holding out buying new clothes until I get to about 12st 6lbs. Then a spending spree!

Before I started this challenge, 10lbs would have seemed like a huge amount for me to lose - daunting even. However, since I have already lost 18lbs, it actually just seems like the final stretch. My perceptions have change because I now have historical reference points to help put things in perspective.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I am now down to 12st 9.7lbs. My weight loss has slowed a bit in the last 3 weeks. Part of the reason is that I have been having 3 bits of chocolate per day: twirl, and two lindor choc eggs! Been feeling hungry.

To compensate, I extended my walk from 30m to 37m and doing 40 swimming lengths every Wednesday.

I will look at the data and see where I can trim the calories a little. My LoseIt! app says 21 days to go before I hit 12st 4lbs. Then I celebrate with a pizza. Following that, I have the final run in of a losing an extra 6lbs to get to 12% body fat. I have to be lighter than I originally anticipated because of sarcopenia, I reckon. I have less muscle mass compared to 6 years ago, according to my body fat/weight data.

Anyways, about 50 days to go before I finish the entire project. About 90 days completed in total so far.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting side-note: I have flat feet. But when I was walking in the gym changing rooms, I noticed my wet foot tread pattern was no longer showing the arch of the foot. So, it looks like losing this weight has also helped cure my flat feet! I tried on an old pair of smart shoes and it actually felt better without the arch support inserts in them! It is such a nuisance buying shoes if you have flat feet. Cuts down your choice massively. Maybe that no longer applies. I hope so!