The new iPhone is sexist

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I was listening to the radio in my car yesterday, and there are a number of people in the USA claiming the new iPhone is sexist, because it is too big for female hands.

What do you think, is the new iPhone sexist?

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
The thing is, if the new iPhone is sexist, where were the complaints about the original being sexist, since clearly it would have been too small for men? It appears that sexism only seems to happen one way, which is sexist in and of itself!

I didn't know you could watch BBC over there, unless you stream it using iPlayer and a UK IP address.

Insane_AI

Founding Member
The thing is, if the new iPhone is sexist, where were the complaints about the original being sexist, since clearly it would have been too small for men? It appears that sexism only seems to happen one way, which is sexist in and of itself!
I realize things are different over there but you fail to grasp the climate here in the USA. If you're white, male, Christian, republican or have money you cannot be a victim, you are only a victimizer and if anything bad happens, you deserved it because your ancestors had it so good before.

I didn't know you could watch BBC over there, unless you stream it using iPlayer and a UK IP address.
Netflix has some stuff (we're binging The Great British Baking Show now) and BBC subscriptions are available here through cable and Amazon Prime.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Trust me Insane_AI, I am all over this stuff and what is happening over there. It is crazy. And my views coincide with yours.

Bee

Founding Member
I think calling the new iPhone sexist is scraping a new low in the War of Being Quickly and Incorrectly Offended (see political correctness thread).

Other models exist. Consumers have choice. Personally, I don't want to carry round something that is:

a) branded by Apple, and
bee) [I've adopted this style, Jon] more akin to a small tablet device.

It's nothing to do with the size of my hands and everything to do with functionality.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I've just read that the UN believes the Amazon Alexa is sexist. Using a female voice in the devices reinforces gender biases that woman are subservient. Whatever next!! :geek:

Aw, gee! But if Alexa was Alex and had a male voice, someone else would call it sexist, and if it had a mechanical or middle-range androgynous voice, everyone would say it sounded too artificial. There IS no pleasing some folks.