Testing some forum marketing

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
On my sister site, Access World Forums, I have added a "Featured Forum Post" section in the sidebar. It is a test to see if I can leach some interest from that site over to The Mind Tavern. My methodology is to find the most replied posts on The Mind Tavern and use those as the bait! If there was a lot of discussion in those topics here, I figure there is a level of 'fervor' associated with the subject matter. This, in my view, is more likely to lead to a click and participation.

At the moment, there is just a static link to the thread, "Is political correctness toxic?" I intend to work out how to have a series of rotating subjects, so that the link topic remains fresh and covers a wide range of popular threads.

Here goes!

Last edited:

Bee

Founding Member
How's it going? Do you know how it's been received on AWF? When I log on here, there seem to be more visitors - but I don't know if they are bots or the same people returning (and lurking).

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
It is hard to say if they are bots or not. What I did notice is that people were visiting some of the topics in the links on the AWF. But there is a stubborn resistance for people to a) sign up, b) post. It is a strange phenomenon. We have several people who have signed up who haven't posted at all.