Quote of the day

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
"What distinguishes the foolish and the intelligent is the foolish consistently commits the same stupidities, while the intelligent always find new ones." - unknown.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
Since you hit a sailing quote, thought I would return one:

“If a man knows not to which port he sails, no wind is favorable.” - Seneca the Younger

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable" - Socrates

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
"There's no point in putting yourself down, or selling yourself short. Everyone else is doing that, already" - CM Punk.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
"Time magnifies the margin between success and failure. It will multiply whatever you feed it. Good habits make time your ally. Bad habits make time your enemy." - James Clear

Bee

Founding Member
What a piece of work is man, How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, In form and moving how express and admirable, In action how like an Angel, In apprehension how like a god, The beauty of the world, The paragon of animals. And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Shakespeare: Hamlet.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
“You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” — C S Lewis

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I particularly like this quote I came across today, even if I don't practice what it preaches.

“I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.” — Abraham Lincoln

Bee, thanks for adding a Shakespeare quote. It reminded me of one of my favorites that I remember when I see bigotry.

I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?