Pets as Therapy

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Uncle, that is a great story. I was assuming it was your horse but maybe it felt comfortable with you for some reason.

Bee

Founding Member
I also assumed it was your horse. It was one of the things that gave me the idea for this thread - that, and seeing my friends and their Hearing Dogs.

This year, my wife is going to officially go bonkers. I'll avoid the 'c' word. She is one of those people who like to decorate early. With her foot useless after surgery, probably until sometime in January, she KNOWS she can't put up her normal decorations and she knows I can't do it by myself. Plus given my penchant for accidents, she doesn't trust me with fragile ornaments. (Segue to darkened corridors of the Imperial star cruiser as a man in black robes and helmet says, "the klutz is strong with this one.")

For those who do not speak Yiddish: klutz = unusually clumsy person, for whom the epithet "butterfingers" would be a compliment.

Bee

Founding Member
I welcome the word. In fact, I'm going to say it. Christmas, Christmas, Christmas. It's my favourite time of year.

Doc, I'm happy to hop on a plane to help you decorate!

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't Christmas offensive nowadays because it is deliberately exclusionary, taking in no account of the feelings of other religions? :p

Thanks, Bee, but we have decided to take up my step-daughters' offers of help. Further, we will allow the older of the two to throw this year's family gathering, such as it might be. Which will probably include chaos since that daughter's other half will invite her family as well, and their kids can get more than just a little bit crazy. And my sweetie has definitely accepted her temporary infirmity. We are thinking that she might be back into full decoration mode by about Mardi Gras.