NAS drives

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Bit techie, but I am looking at buying one. Contemplating a Synology DS918+. Anyone here used a NAS drive before?

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Good idea Doc, although after doing a ton of research I think I already have my answer. It might be a bit of overkill, but I can see many uses for it. Plus, I can knock off the VAT and personal income tax that would be lost should I take the money as income instead. Makes a big difference to the effective purchase price!

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I've spent the last 7.5 hours trying to configure my NAS drive. It is driving me nuts!

I want to beam my video files to my Nvidia Shield, which is attached to my TV. But as soon as I start playing the video, it instantly crashes. Bugs are driving me nuts. It is one of the main reasons I bought the thing, to stream!

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Slowly getting there with my NAS drive. Takes a while to learn the ropes but I can now auto backup all my phones photos, beam videos from the NAS drive to my smart TV and also have my very own private dropbox type cloud sharing platform with several terabyte of storage. I'm a happy camper.