I'm colourblind (AMA)

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I can't be an electrician either. Does that mean I shouldn't wire a plug? :LOL:

When I go to choose jumpers, it can be quite a task! I have an app on my phone called "Color ID". I am the only one in the shop poking my phone at the jumpers, where it bleats out, "Greyish blue!"

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
There seems to be many versions of colourblind. I think I am red-green colourblind. People say to me, "What colour is the sky?" "What about grass?" Yet, I think the term itself is a misnomer (probably because I am defective!). Just because the majority has a certain trait, why is the minority therefore "blind"? I think there is an evolutionary for this abnormality. If I remember correctly, there are night vision advantages, or something like that. Therefore, to be different can give you an advantage. I mean look at giraffes and their massive necks! (Don't ask me what colour they are!)

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I better write that down because I don't get a visual cue! (I do actually, just being silly). But you do lose your confidence in being able to identify what colour is what. You think you know but you tend to keep your mouth shut in fear of getting it wrong.