Hitler was a decorated war Hero!

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
An exemplar of a variant on the old aphorism - you can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Adolph was the strong, charismatic leader that a poverty-stricken nation needed but unfortunately, his methods were extreme and exclusionary. Jews, gays, people with physical afflictions, gypsies, and several other lesser groups were in the "excluded" group. Bad luck for all of them, surely, and incredibly bad luck for 6 million of them.

I would like to think that what happened with 1930s Germany couldn't happen here. I would really LIKE to think that. But given the perverse nature of humanity, I have no way to say that it absolutely couldn't happen.

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
Obviously, Bee, I left out one that you think should have been mentioned. But after Jews, gypsies, gays, handicapped, what did I leave out? Or were you perhaps reacting to "lesser" as opposed to "smaller" ?? That's the only two reasons I can guess for your admonishment.

Bee

Founding Member
Neither. I am hoping you left a couple of words out: other perceived to be lesser groups.

Without those few words, it reads like you think Jews, gays, handicapped (we say disabled in the UK) are all in fact lesser people. And I don't think that's what you meant?

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
Lesser people? No. in the context of lesser-sized groups is how that was intended. Sounds like the Yale Law of Communication has taken effect.

I know you believe you understand what you think you just read, but I'm nor sure whether you realize that what I wrote wasn't what I meant.

Other than that, no communication problems at all!