Evernote verses OneNote

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I started out using Evernote for a place to store my reference material, be it website details, lists of books I want to read or course notes. It is great, in that it operates fast and is great for simple text searches.

Now, I also use OneNote too. It has great formatting capabilities and consequently, I have notes with tables, graphics etc. Loving it. So, my data is split between the two apps, which isn't ideal.

Do you use either of these? Which one and why? Or do you have another app or method that you prefer for your information repository or note taking device?

Bee

Founding Member
I've only used OneNote - as an interim measure in work while I was setting up our servicedesk. Each property had its own tab and I created a table for each fault that was logged. We imported emails into each fault and assigned them to members of the team. It's a great resource. I might try it for project management so I can keep track of all my to-do lists for each project.

Last edited:

Bee

Founding Member
I am currently setting up my to-do lists and risk registers for each project on OneNote. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

Bee

Founding Member
Yes - we can't use Trello at work... Bloody IT nanny-state policies. So I have to abide by the corporate software.

Insane_AI

Founding Member
I"ve only used OneNote and find it isn't very good for returning searches. I used to use it to document procedures because that's what I was being paid to do but now only use it for causal note-taking.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
There is another app called Cintanotes which is a bit more lightweight I think. Sometimes I like a nice lightweight app that loads quickly and not slowed down by a bunch of features I wouldn't use in a million years.