Decorating

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I have started decorating my office this week. What I did not anticipate is how physically exhausting it all is! Holding the paint roller is giving my forearms a real workout! But all the standing, awkward angles etc. It is made more tricky because I have a sloping wall and little room in which to work.

I'm painting over a 46 year old horrible orangy patterned wallpaper that is just such a big eyesore to my poor eyes. Gone for a nice calm, light blue paint, which apparently is good for productivity. Blue that is, not the shade I chose particularly.

It has given me the chance to play lots of old music I like from back in the day. :)

Any of you guys do much decorating?

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I've run out of primer. Off to the shops...!

I take it the paint sprayer gives off lots of fumes?

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Gotcha, like a cloud of vapour.

I've spent all week now decorating my room. Made some good progress but will be glad when its over. I needed more paint than I anticipated too. Cost me about £150 including tools, paint etc.

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
I'm very familiar with the "needed more paint" syndrome. I think that we do-it-yourself types don't have the experience to cover a given wall with a thin enough coat of paint to actually conform to the "this can covers X square feet" estimate provided on the side of the can. Either that, or the paint makes LIE like a cheap rug to sell more paint.