Brett Kavanaugh - this can't be right

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Your 2 FB friends are advocating jailing innocent people. Wait, I got that wrong. They were not innocent in the first place because the women came forward with allegations! QED.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I've just thought of something comical. Those 2 you mentioned are in court, wrongly accused of sexual assault. They are asked if the accuser is telling the truth. Both nod, saying the accuser must be believed. Stupid!!

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
One of my reps on SuperMemo is that if someone is not being reasonable in a debate, there is no point in wasting time arguing.

Bee

Founding Member
That's a good one to remember. I have retired from the argument. I'm likely to lose my temper because I'm tired - and then I'll have lost any ground I've gained.

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
One of the reasons I am not on FaceBook is that the mental acuity of the user mob is not, on the average, very high. Obviously there are intellectual standouts. Just as obviously, it is easier to stand out when you are surrounded by dolts.

Another reason I'm not on FB is because of the security risk it represents. When I was still employed we had to be aware of all of the nefarious behavior facilitated by FB. So I avoid it in general. And to be perfectly honest, have little or no curiosity.

Yet another reason is that it is a general social network but I'm a curmudgeon and therefore an anti-social kind of guy. So I don't care to participate in FB. It is contrary to my world view.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
For my work, I used to often post in FB groups relating to my ecommerce niche. But much of the time, people would answer a different question to the one I asked. It was very frustrating. Then, there were people answering the question who really haven't thought it through. You end up trusting your own judgement in the end.

Insane_AI

Founding Member
I've given up. The woman in question has trained to be a paralegal(!) so she can right wrongs.

The irony is heavy.
[sarcasm]
Can I take notes on what you do as a "Para Forum participant" and completely change the way you operate too?
[/sarcasm]