Ambulance wait times

Insane_AI

Founding Member
My friend was raised by his grandparents. He took care of them in their old age until the last few months. When they died the government tried to go after the house they owned jointly. He had to show proof that he had paid out medical bills for them equal to half the equity in the home to avoid a forced sale. This all happened just after they changed the rule from three years to seven; he kept the house with only a $2,000 hit.

As far as I'm concerned, I paid enough taxes through buying cigarettes for 20 years, I've prepaid my end of life expenses. I'm planning on hiding every penny I can before I get to the point of elder care.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
My father has been paying carer costs of about $1300 per month so far out of their joint bank account. One of the financial assessors said that was fine. Now we are speaking to another assessor, they are saying it is not fine and that my dad should have been paying it out of my mums account. So, as a family, we could be worse off my up to $3,000 per month due to being misinformed. What a mess!

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Found out she is coming home this Monday, with 4 visits per day of 2 carers at a time, all self-funded. I have no idea how it is all going to work out, since she will be sleeping on her own downstairs in a hospital bed.