White Privilege - for and against

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard of the arguments FOR White Privilege. Mine is the trailer park white trash guy looking at Barack Obama on the telly, running the country and being driven around in limousines attending posh dinners. More of a statement than argument.

What are the arguments AGAINST White Privilege?

Insane_AI

Founding Member
My first thought against "White Privilege" is the fact that I have had to work for everything I have. What's worse is that I've lost out on jobs because of "Equal employment opportunity" and "Affirmative Action" which is code for we have to hire the person with the higher melanin content rather than the one with the better skills. I grew up poor and working, I've earned my own money since I was six years old with the only exception being the allowance we received for doing our chores one summer before my step-dad lost his job.

White Privilege is code for "I need to blame someone else for my problems instead of fixing my own life".
Let's go to opportunity next. I'm white and nearly genius level intelligence and for a short stint in 3rd -5th grade I had an able learners class to help me but even living in the largest suburb in the area, our school system didn't have the resources to continue after Mr. Gibbs ( instructor) and his wife went over the side of a mountain. (The lived). The fact that I was white didn't get me a new teacher or any other help. The Indian kids in the class with me didn't get any help either; I think if I actually had this supposed privilege I'd have gotten the help while they got the shaft. Alas, we were all left wanting.

I also take note that "Black Lives Matter" a.k.a. "BLM" was created in response to the Bundy family and supporters rightfully holding the federal "Bureau of Land Management" also known as "BLM" back at gunpoint. This isn't about white and black, it's about government abuse being covered up. They changed the generally accepted meaning to fit their political needs.

Racism in America is dying out despite the best efforts of the media and political elite to keep it going in the spotlight. Sooner or later, the naked emperor will be called out as the fool he is and we will move on.

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
AI, you beat me to this particular punch.

I, too, had to work for what I've got. Dad was a fireman (before his knees went bad) and a signage artist later in life. Mom was an accounting clerk who eventually became a supervisor. They got me a lot of toys, but the most valuable thing they got for me was a musical education when I was a kid. I learned to play accordian, organ, and trumpet.

I worked my way through school as a stage musician and later as a member of a small rock group. Stinky, smokey bars; lots of rowdy drunks; surrounded by the high-lifes, the low-lifes, and the no-lifes. Worked my way through college, paying my way as I went, so no student loans. Once I had to borrow $40 from Mom for a lab fee I hadn't anticipated. Other than that, I scrimped and saved and paid stuff off on time every time. I WORKED for what I had and don't DARE tell me I didn't. I was there. What's this "white privilege" crap again?