What forum sections would you like to see?

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
As this community grows, I would like to expand the forum sections. So, with this in mind, what would you like to see?

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
This isn't meant to be a "true" suggestion but rather is a question of sorts. As you probably recall from the Access forum, the religion thread got very lively and often needed moderation. In dealing with issues of the mind and intellect, is religion a subject for which you are willing to open Pandora's box? Is religion something for which you think there is a sufficient interest in the context of how you envisioned this forum?

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I had considered religion. And philosophy, as something I consider adjacent to it. Since I was brainstorming all these ideas to myself, I felt a little overloaded about which topics deserve merit for inclusion. Yet both these areas are essentially about "thought" and "the mind".

To give you a flavour of some forum sections I have considered, they include: religion, philosophy, psychology, habits, self-improvement, rational thinking, compounding progress, reading, wisdom & debates.

My idea is to not create too many forum sections at first. By doing so, the forum looks empty because the post count figures look low for each section. My belief is that this reduces the chance of engagement as people generally like to go where there is a decent volume of posts.

What are your thoughts on a forum for religion? Do you consider it an aspect of the mind?

What about the other areas I mentioned? Do you consider any of them suitable for a forum like this?

Bee

Founding Member
I personally don't think anything should be off-topic. We are here to participate, debate, learn, expand (well, I am at least) and the more mind-related topics there are, the more chance there will be of learning something new - or thinking about a subject from a different perspective. Though I also agree that maybe the topics should be gated to avoid forum fatigue.

Bee

Founding Member
Well, I think you can combine self-improvement and habits - so that would be one. As you don't use an Oxford comma when you write, I don't know whether you mean 'Wisdom & Debates', (one topic); or 'Wisdom, and Debates' (two topics). And yes, I am that pedantic.

But a debating forum would be good fun.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I am wondering if Wisdom and Decision Making should be in the same section, since they are related. Hmmm..

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestion Uncle. Perhaps in the interim, it is worth creating a thread for this math genius in the Amazing People forum?

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
Thanks for the suggestion Uncle. Perhaps in the interim, it is worth creating a thread for this math genius in the Amazing People forum?
thread to discuss films
I quite like the film but I don't think it is Worth noting. Interestingly he said he got his maths ideas from God, they sort of appeared in his head. I also recall Jung, when asked did he believe in God He Said No, I can't believe in something that I know as a certainty. (I'm paraphrasing) paraphrasing - my new word, get used to it!

Re - Amazing People
And I'm not sure about the guy either, there wasn't enough in the film for me to judge that.