This is me!

FiFi

Founding Member
Totally! She's a hard worker. Her teachers at primary school said she possibly had mild learning difficulties??? Always put her in bottom sets. I have made a point of letting the school know how they totally misjudged her.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
That is totally daft. The fact she is doing a difficult degree goes to show how off target lots of the teachers are. Their biases can make them way off kilter.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of my teachers hated me because I was chatty in class. My maths teacher used to come up behind me and shove me in the back, saying, "Shut up Lawrance!" Child abuse!

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
Biomedical technology is a good field if you have even average competence because the general medical community will continue to rely on new tools to give better diagnoses, better treatments, and more accurate results in general. Not to mention that Biomed will allow for getting results faster when it is an analytical or therapeutic tool. Sounds like Emily is on a good track to make some quite decent money in her life. Steer her to the idea of starting to save money early and she'll ALSO have a good retirement when the time comes. And with the salaries to be earned in that field, she'll have money to spare for storing away in a retirement investment.

I have a nephew (through my wife) who some years ago became a nurse as a respiratory therapist; the man (now no longer a kid) was actively recruited by several medical facilities in Mississippi. People with ANY medical specialty can usually find a job before they walk across the stage to get their diploma. He said he thought about going the M.D. route but economics of (a) getting into the work force sooner and (b) having less in the way of student loans to pay off and (c) making almost as much in his specialty as a general practitioner would make - all things taken together - convinced him that he could do a lot of good for a lot of people in a medical setting, make money, and have more time for his growing family.

I hope that Emily finds herself in the situation where SHE has such nice options to consider. And in the medical tech field, that is likely.

FiFi

Founding Member
Biomedical technology is a good field if you have even average competence because the general medical community will continue to rely on new tools to give better diagnoses, better treatments, and more accurate results in general. Not to mention that Biomed will allow for getting results faster when it is an analytical or therapeutic tool. Sounds like Emily is on a good track to make some quite decent money in her life. Steer her to the idea of starting to save money early and she'll ALSO have a good retirement when the time comes. And with the salaries to be earned in that field, she'll have money to spare for storing away in a retirement investment.

I have a nephew (through my wife) who some years ago became a nurse as a respiratory therapist; the man (now no longer a kid) was actively recruited by several medical facilities in Mississippi. People with ANY medical specialty can usually find a job before they walk across the stage to get their diploma. He said he thought about going the M.D. route but economics of (a) getting into the work force sooner and (b) having less in the way of student loans to pay off and (c) making almost as much in his specialty as a general practitioner would make - all things taken together - convinced him that he could do a lot of good for a lot of people in a medical setting, make money, and have more time for his growing family.

I hope that Emily finds herself in the situation where SHE has such nice options to consider. And in the medical tech field, that is likely.
Thank you! That is sound advice.