The Administrator is ill!

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
My father had either food poisoning or a stomach bug. He puked all over the carpet, which I had to clean up. Now I have it too. My aim was a bit better - down the toilet! Feeling utterly pants right now. I hadn't eaten for 24 hours so thought I would have an ice cream. Not 100% sure it was a great idea. I am keeping a close eye on it...

Also, my mother had a fall last Thursday. Ambulance took her to hospital and then she had a fall there on Sunday too. Neither my dad and I can visit her at the moment as we both have bugs and they say stay away.

Anyways, I hope to participate here a little more once I improve. (This is day 2).

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
When you are a caregiver at that level, Jon, the first thing to have on your home supplies list is a disinfectant spray and the second thing is a good pair of rubber gloves.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is, when someone has a bug, you just have to touch a door handle and I can pick it up from there. I am known for opening doors with the back of my hand when out in public. I am a bit like Niles from Frasier in that regard. :giggle:

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks all. Feeling a bit better today, although I have done my back in from sleeping on the sofa yesterday for about 8 hours during the daytime. Hopefully, I can get some normality back soon. My mum comes out of hospital next Tuesday, supposedly. Physios want to keep her in for 5 more days.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I have an anti-viral hand wash thing in the car. When I go to the gym, I use it afterwards if I am eating anything in the car.

Insane_AI

Founding Member
@Jon

Keep the fluids flowing and nutrients coming in. If you can't eat, try some chicken or vegetable stock.

IN our family, we make "Sick Soup" - basically all the vegetables we can fit in the pot and some diced chicken.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I went out of the house for the first time in 5 days today. It was so nice to see the sun! And I finished my VAT return And I spoke to a lawyer, albeit briefly, about my trademark dispute. At least there is some comfort in at least having gotten some advice.

Yes, chicken soup seems to be the thing!

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
First day to leave the house in six. Felt a bit wobbly on my feet, but good to get amongst people again. Was exhausted after doing some mild shopping, but then plonked myself down in my local coffee shop, armed with laptop, phone, cappuccino and millionaire shortbread. I'm on the up! And hence I am also participating here again.