I've been abducted by aliens

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
One of these days, this will become true. It is only a question of time before we are found.

Has it already happened? Some claim it has.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
I've started writing a piece about evolution. My take on it is, we are here, we live on this planet in a very thin bubble of air which is effectively a couple of miles thick, and then you've got maybe a metre or two of land underneath, and that's it. That is our environment. Out of the MASS of the universe, which numbers million, billions, of stars. Imagine that MASS! And here we are representing a tiny insignificant amount of all of that material. And all within this minuscule bubble of air, we have, roquefort blue cheese, chicken tikka, Fosters, Nepalese Thupka soup, beef, some of it crap and some of it silverside! In other words in this minuscule, thin envelopic environment we form from the around just 10 elements, Elements combined into all these fantastic things. I can't think of anywhere else in the universe you could find such things. The reason I started thinking like this is, I saw somewhere mentioned the coldest place in the universe is on Earth. With our technology we are able to create a coldness which is just not available in nature. Then I realised that there are loads of other things here that just could not be found anywhere else in the universe, probably not even on alien infested world's. But then I realised these aliens will have their own versions of Roquefort blue cheese, chicken tikka, Fosters, Nepalese Thupka soup, beef, some of it crap and some of it silver-side! Think of the trade that could be had between the two cultures.

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
Jon, the last several "Crop Circle" cases have been investigated enough to reveal they were hoaxes by high-spirited teens and young adults. And enough of them have been discredited that the odds of ANY of them being real are pretty much in the "slim to no chance at all" category.

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
Yes crop circles are definitely a hoax. From Wikipedia:- In 1991, two hoaxers, Bower and Chorley, took credit for having created many circles. From my childhood experience, being brought up on an arable Farm In Wiltshire, a place where these circles often appeared, I can tell you that it was common for patches of the crop to be flattened, and sometimes, into strange shapes. This was caused by the wind. Over the years crops have been bred to have shorter stalks to reduce this wind damage.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I was being facetious regarding the crop circles. It seemed funny that when they were first heard of, they started cropping up (see what I did there?) with increasing regularity. The circles became patterns of circles and farmers got annoyed!