You favourite season

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
For me, I like spring. There is hope that we might get a good summer, although that rarely happens in the UK. In any case, the days get longer as the sun sets later, the temperature gets warmer and anticipation is in the air! So for me, this is my best season.

What is your favourite season and why?

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
I like Autumn and Winter. Now there's a reason for this! I was brought up on a farm and in the summer every effort was devoted to get the crops in. You would work from 7 in the morning till 10 at night some days. When the summer ended, And the Fields were planted with the next crop, then there was some spare time, and particularly on blustery wet windy days dad would take us to the coast! No traffic, no people, nothing open!

Bee

Founding Member
I love them all, for different reasons. I love the promise that spring brings, the indolence of summer, the colours of autumn, and the cosiness of winter.

I live by the seaside and each season, each day brings a new colour palette. No two days are the same, it's like having a moving landscape.

If I had to choose, it would be autumn when there's a mix of warm, bright days, and cold, mist-filled air.

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
I like every season in which I am still living. However, in New Orleans I really like our winters because they are frequently just brisk days where all you need is a light sweater or perhaps a fleece exercise jacket. Yesterday, for example, was a bright, clear, blue-sky day with less than 5% cloud cover and a temperature in the mid-50's (degr. F)

We have very few freezes, even of the overnight variety. Snow is an event that occurs maybe once in seven years. Since I use walking as my primary exercise, in winter I can usually walk for my normal 3-mile route and come home NOT dripping with sweat. In a New Orleans summer, that doesn't happen that often because we have 95 degrees and 95% humidity, meaning that walking outside to fetch the morning newspaper might even cause you to break a sweat.