Kanban for the win! AMA

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I am a fan of using Kanban for maximising my productivity. Below is a brief video introduction to what it is and why it works. Most people have never heard of the term. It was new to me about 3 years ago. But since then, I have adopted it as my primary means of organising my large number of tasks, helping me focus my time and get things done.

If anyone has any questions regarding this method, please just Ask Me Anything.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Does Six Sigma use Kanban?

I am currently going through a book called, "Kanban in Action." It's great and adds to the body of knowledge floating around in my head.

Bee

Founding Member
Kanban is one of the key tools for JIT, lean manufacturing and improved productivity - Six Sigma was the early version of lean which has now been developed to apply outside of manufacturing to services and business process improvement.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using Trello to set up my Kanban board. It is free and very well designed, hence its popularity. What many people don't understand about Kanban is the importance of WIP limits. WIP standards for Work in Progress. If you strict the amount of Work in Progress, it helps prevent you starting new stuff before the In Progress stuff is completed. It helps cut lead times and speeds the flow of work.