Just cut my nose off!

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
I have about 200 YouTube videos demonstrating various problems and solutions in MS Access.

Now, I get my fair share of thumbs downs, which I accept because I see other excellent YouTube providers get them on what I consider perfect well presented videos. There's no accounting for some of the reasoning people have for giving them.

But this is something new, some guy has decided to criticize my videos in the comments.

I responded nicely, but he made another comment.

So I thought, No, I'm not having it and I've took the lot down!

I know it's wrong, childish, stupid, but sometimes you just gotta say enough is enough...

I just hope the ***** (use your own expletive) comes back today halfway through (using my FREE video instructions) to continue setting up a checklist in MS Access and wonders where the hell the videos have gone!

My face is very happy!

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
Hell's Bells, Uncle... You could have mentioned this. I wouldn't mind getting into a spamming war with the jerk. I've been known to be pretty good about putting down idiots. (Perhaps because of my personal experience at being one? Who knows?)

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Uncle, could you surgically replace your nose by a flick of a switch later on? Or are those videos kaput?

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
Hell's Bells, Uncle... You could have mentioned this. I wouldn't mind getting into a spamming war with the jerk. I've been known to be pretty good about putting down idiots. (Perhaps because of my personal experience at being one? Who knows?)
To be fair, to the person, he wasn't that much out of line. I think I was overly sensitive in taking Umbrage! It was that he was talking about me in the third person that triggered me. I've decided to leave the videos private for a few days to see what effect it has on SEO. Obviously not a very good strategy for testing SEO, but I generally prefer my own methods of testing, whether they be right or wrong, I think that way you learn more.

Interestingly, I haven't noticed much of a reduction in the hits to my nifty access website! That in itself is worth knowing!

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
Uncle, could you surgically replace your nose by a flick of a switch later on? Or are those videos kaput?
Yes they are fine Jon although I did have one scare, it said something like comments are not allowed on private videos or something. So my immediate thought was I had lost all of the comments! But they seem to be intact. I will reinstate them in a day or two!

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
I do have "man flu" and I was very amused by a lady lorry drivers comment when I mentioned it. She said stay away from me I don't need a sniff and a sniffle! I think she was from Lancashire... (a brilliant put down).. The speech recognition isn't working very well with my cold infected voice!