Do you watch sport?

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I like to watch some football (soccer) and F1. Nowadays, I am trying to cut down the amount of time I spend on it, going for the highlights truncated version where I can.

What do you watch, if any?

Bee

Founding Member
Men's tennis - but only the big matches.

And horse-racing, but not on TV - I love a day at the races and have been going ever since I was a small child.

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
I will watch some sports on TV. Baseball and basketball are too boring so I don't bother with those much at all. Soccer is a once-in-a-while thing. I can watch an ice hockey game and more or less understand it. I will watch USA football more often then other seasonal sports, particularly this year because the New Orleans Saints have a shot at the playoffs. A REALLY good shot.

I enjoy some Olympic sports such as ice dancing and some skiing events. I like the floor exercises too. Sometimes I will watch a sport in hopes of learning something about it. For instance, Olympic curling was interesting.

I have a totally different reason for watching golf. Particularly if it is raining on a Sunday afternoon and I have just had lunch, I will turn on the Golf channel or find a tournament on one of the general networks. Soon I'll doze off. The game won't bother me because the announcers always speak in hushed tones, doing their best to not make a loud noise. The gallery of spectators know they must clap softly and politely - the infamous "golf clap." If there is a good shot, the crowd noise will arouse me enough to watch the inevitable four re-runs of the shot from four angles, two slow motion replays, and maybe an overhead shot if one of the blimps is over the course. As soon as the crowd calms down, I get to return to my nap. I can catch about an hour or two of solid nap doing that. Therefore, I absolutely LOVE golf on a rainy Sunday.

Insane_AI

Founding Member
Super-Bowl Sunday is about the only day I go out of my way to watch a sports event. In this case, it's for the commercials and the food. I don't bother with the game or halftime show.

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
Love those super-bowl ads. Some of them border on genius-level brilliance.

Two of my favorites don't even make the top-50 list, but they stood out to me.

#1 - A Toyota commercial showing pigeons seeking a freshly washed car:

#2 - A Budweiser commercial with brother/sister Dalmatian puppies separated at birth: