Change is a-coming

Bee

Founding Member
Tomorrow is my last day in my job. Here are some stats:

• I've worked there for 7 years.
  • I've built up a team from 5 people to 32 when all other teams in the organisation have been getting smaller.
  • I've spent in excess of £40m on property.
  • I've generated annual revenue of at least £5m
  • I'm handing development projects over to my successor which will be worth in excess of £108m
  • I've written a total of 172 reports - many of which are public record.

That's what I personally have done in the last 7 years. When I add in what my team have also achieved, the numbers rocket.

I've been very teary and emotional at leaving some truly wonderful people yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be trickier, because I really will be leaving for the last time.

Uncle Gizmo

Founding Member
Wow that's impressive!

Change is a double-edged sword, if you stay, it's comfortable if you move on not so comfortable, but a better challenge.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Founding Member
Good luck, Bee. Impressive list of work. To do what you did expresses a very strong work ethic. Yes, change will be coming. But with that kind of work ethic, I predict that the more things change, the more they will stay the same.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I've worked there for 7 years.
Sounds like the 7 year itch.

I've built up a team from 5 people to 32 when all other teams in the organisation have been getting smaller.
Inefficient.

I've spent in excess of £40m on property.
A woman likes to shop!

I've generated annual revenue of at least £5m
It should have been £6m.

I'm handing development projects over to my successor which will be worth in excess of £108m
A safe pair of hands...

I've written a total of 172 reports - many of which are public record.
Could have been condensed into one page.

Only kidding! :LOL:

I often think nobody appreciates what you do at where you work. That is until you leave. The absence provides the contrast. But, your legacy gets reflected in the payrise you get when you move on, IMHO.