Bee from East Sussex, UK

Bee

Founding Member
Hi there

I'm Bee and I'm Irish and settled on the south coast of England, after moving around the country a bit over the last 30 years. I have two 'jobs'. The one that pays is in commercial property (acquisitions, investment, development) and the one that doesn't (yet) is writing. While I haven't published as many books as Jon, I am a published writer and the recipient of a number of awards.

My spare time is taken up with reading, writing, and researching and I try to visit as many art and cultural exhibitions as I can, which means frequent trips to London. I'm also learning British Sign Language at college once a week and can sympathise with the need for frequent visits to the gym.

I have a keenly developed sense of humour and like to think I'm quick-witted. I enjoy debating, particularly when the topic is emotive - and I try to keep an open mind on most things, happy to listen and take on board other points of view.

I started using Anki a few months back, but am very much a newcomer to spaced repetition as a form of learning.

If you want to know anything else - just ask.

Bee

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard Bee, and thank you for being a founding member. Getting forums going is always hard in the beginning. It is all about getting a critical mass of members, after which it feeds on itself like a hungry shoal of fish!

What are you writing, or what have you written?

What do you use Anki to learn?

Bee

Founding Member
Thank you, it's good to be here. And I demand a badge for being a founder member!

I'm so glad you asked about my writing as I have news! My debut novel was recently published. It's called Liminal and is getting some very good reviews. Today I am starting #100 days of writing. By the end I want to have a decent draft of Novel 2 completed.

I write fiction, including short stories and flash fiction - and there are links to some examples on my website.

I'm using Anki for fun really, learning countries, capitals, etc - trying to make the most of the shared decks (though some are better than others). I have an idea for a shared deck: video clips to demonstrate British Sign Language (BSL) which I'm currently learning at college. Although, I'm quite time poor and the scale of the project is a little off-putting at the moment.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, indeed you are a founding members! :D

Does Anki have sign language shared decks already?

Edit: There, I have made you a Founding Member!